ACCEPTANCE OF I-SCRIBBLER.COM RULES
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the i scribbles (the Board), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Board means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
i scribbles is a site operated by Chris Lightfoot the founder of the i scribbles website from the head office at 2 Magnolia Court, 34 Ashley Road, New Milton BH25 6FG.
We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the Board and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Board by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
USE OF THE BOARD BY MINORS
The use of the Board by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Board that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Board should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using the Board.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Board, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. i scribbles will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
- A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Opus 59 Limited if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Board, you agree to grant i scribbles a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, i scribbles will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. i scribbles may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Board, you are warranting that you have the right to grant is scribbles the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to i scribbles, please do not submit the Contribution to the Board.
BREACH OF THESE RULES
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Board.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Board.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Board, please contact us at 2 Magnolia Court, 34 Ashley Road, New Milton BH25 6FG or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.